The Company History
WEILER developed from the companies "Eisenverwertung Carl J. WEILER & Co. GmbH" founded in 1951 and "Eisenverwertung & Stahlrohrbau GmbH".
While Stahlrohrbau GmbH produced steel structures and dealt in pipes and couplings, WEILER & Co. GmbH processed wire products, iron and sheet and dealt in all types of rolled iron.
After the corporate aims had been re-focused towards specialisation in the semi-finished goods sector, and billets, blooms, roughed slabs, slabs, sheet and rolled wire were traded within the European Coal and Steel Community as transfer orders or from the warehouse in the Cologne-Deutz harbour, the original companies merged into a limited partnership in 1962.
The storage facilities were extended in 1973 and 1983 to their present 30,000 m2 with dedicated loading plant and connections to the water, rail and road networks.
"Lassen & Miebach Geschäftsführungs- und Verwaltungsgesellschaft GmbH" joined the limited partnership as a general partner in 1983. Since then the family company has traded under the name of "Carl J. WEILER EISEN & STAHL GmbH & Co. KG".